Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Favorites! + Writings

As July comes to an end, I decided to share my favorite things from this month. Kinda like when Oprah releases her favorite things list, except I'm not Oprah.

My jams for July included alot of alternative pop that dived into that disco vibe. After Greyson Chance's Thrilla in Manila I've really been into that retro-y pop sound. I'm very excited for his new album "Planet X" after he posted that clip on Instagram of a preview of a couple songs. My favorite artists for this month are definitely: Alessia Cara and Melanie Martinez. I've been following Alessia Cara since I discovered her cover of Sweater Weather and I fell in love. I found Melanie Martinez around the time AHS: Freak Show came out with her songs in the promo. She has this melodic creepy pop that I just adore.



I got this drawing book titled 500 Drawing Prompts. It's basically like "Wreck This Book" but it's all drawing prompts allowing you to let your creativity floooow. Once I get a bulk of it done, I'll definitely share some of my artwork from it.


It's been a long while since I've painted, so I did this painting of Halsey's Ghost music video. It's not my favorite, but I'm trying to experiment with different facial angles, and this is just one of them. 


I recently started writing for a lovely online publication titled "The Spark Post" and my first article was published last week. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to write for them. 
My first article is on Surviving Summer w Curly Hair . I also had the amazing opportunity to write for a new feminist publication called "Periodical Pages". I did a piece on Pressuring Women in today's society.


LINKS
tumblr
twitter
instagram
lookbook
bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment